Amanda-Users

Re: HELP ! Setting up a RAID-0 holding disk on centos 4.4

2007-04-16 04:46:17
Subject: Re: HELP ! Setting up a RAID-0 holding disk on centos 4.4
From: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:35:35 +0200
On 2007-04-14 01:28, Frank Smith wrote:
> Chris Marble wrote:
>> Guy Dallaire wrote:
>>> I really wish there was an easy way to instruct amanda to wait for all the
>>> client files,  before starting dumping the holding disk to tape, but there
>>> isn't.
>> Just run the backup without a tape in the drive and then amflush the backup
>> sometime later.
>
> Unfortunately, that method doesn't work well if you're using a library.
> While it is possible to use a wrapper script to change the devices
> to something non-existent before each run and then changing it back
> and running amflush, it would be much more convenient to simply
> have a config option that delays taper until after the dumps are
> finished.

Indeed, in the meantime, you can play around with command line options
to alter the amanda.conf parameters:

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda#CONFIGURATION_OVERWRITE

First run amdump to holdingdisk, setting the tapedev to e.g. /dev/notape
(do not use /dev/null -- amanda assumes tapedev /dev/null is for testing
purposes and makes a backup, and trows it away).
Then run amflush using the paramaters in amanda.conf

--
Paul Bijnens, xplanation Technology Services        Tel  +32 16 397.511
* I think I've got the hang of it now:  exit, ^D, ^C, ^\, ^Z, ^Q, ^^, *