Amanda-Users

Re: HELP ! Setting up a RAID-0 holding disk on centos 4.4

2007-04-13 19:32:47
Subject: Re: HELP ! Setting up a RAID-0 holding disk on centos 4.4
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:28:58 -0500
Chris Marble wrote:
> Guy Dallaire wrote:
>> I really wish there was an easy way to instruct amanda to wait for all the
>> client files,  before starting dumping the holding disk to tape, but there
>> isn't.
>
> Just run the backup without a tape in the drive and then amflush the backup
> sometime later.

Unfortunately, that method doesn't work well if you're using a library.
While it is possible to use a wrapper script to change the devices
to something non-existent before each run and then changing it back
and running amflush, it would be much more convenient to simply
have a config option that delays taper until after the dumps are
finished.

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673