Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Support for Tape Libraries

2007-04-05 14:48:33
Subject: Re: Amanda Support for Tape Libraries
From: JB Segal <jb AT smarterliving DOT com>
To: Jacques VB Voris IV <jacques.voris AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:41:43 -0400
Quoth Jacques VB Voris IV (jacques.voris AT gmail DOT com):
> I have been searching through the resources that I can to answers this
> question, but haven't found a definitive yes or no:
>
> Does Amanda support tape libraries with robotics such as the StorageTek
> L700 or the new Sun C4?
>
> I have seen reference that imply it might, but I want to be sure

Define 'support'? Certainly, there are drivers that can load/unload
tapes to and from slots. In theory (though it's never worked for me) it
can even track barcodes and find things quickly with a database of what
barcode is in what slot. I've yet to figure out what stupid mistake I'm
making in regards to that.

What are you looking for in terms of 'support'?