Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Support for Tape Libraries

2007-04-05 14:41:19
Subject: Re: Amanda Support for Tape Libraries
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Jacques VB Voris IV <jacques.voris AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 14:29:47 -0400
Jacques,

I am running amanda with a variety of jukeboxes, Including the
Sun C2 and L9 on Solaris and a variety of less well labeled
jukeboxes on SGI/IRIX and Linux.

The trick though, is its not amanda herself but there are scripts
to glue together amanda and MTX, which has been very flexible and
has supported all of the various jukeboxes/libraries I've tried.

The interface scripts are well documented in the amanda literature
and I'm confident that you should be able to access the C4, BTW,
from what OS ?

If you don't find the references you need I can provide more info.

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 10:42:40PM -0400, Jacques VB Voris IV wrote:
> I have been searching through the resources that I can to answers this
> question, but haven't found a definitive yes or no:
>
> Does Amanda support tape libraries with robotics such as the StorageTek
> L700 or the new Sun C4?
>
> I have seen reference that imply it might, but I want to be sure
>
> --
> Jacques VB Voris IV
> jacques.voris AT gmail DOT com

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org