Amanda-Users

Re: forcing a failed backup to disk to use the same slot

2007-03-24 17:22:00
Subject: Re: forcing a failed backup to disk to use the same slot
From: René Kanters <rkanters AT richmond DOT edu>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:50:36 -0400
In this case it did start writing one dump, but the slot never got the 'tape end' on it, and I can't even be sure that the one and only dump file on it was even properly closed since I had to reboot the server...

So I didn't miss anything in the documentation in that there is no amadmin or amdump argument that allows me to 'reuse' the tape/slot.

Would this be a possible feature that I could request for consideration?

Rene