Amanda-Users

Re: Tape backup from server disk

2007-03-11 20:33:09
Subject: Re: Tape backup from server disk
From: "Guy Dallaire" <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: FL <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:14:55 -0400

2007/3/11, FL <lengyel AT gmail DOT com>:
I'm using AMANDA to back up a disk that is periodically rsynced from
a NAS. At a certain point in the backup, amdump complains that it doesn't have enough diskspace, persumably for the holding disk. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Since the files are on a disk on the tapebackup server, I don't need a holding disk: I just want the tape backup to read the files from disk as they are needed; they don't need to be copied to a holding disk, as if the backups could be speeded up by sending them over a network to the server's holding disk.

You can specify a holdingdisk=no  command in your disklist entry for that DLE.