Amanda-Users

Holding Disks

2007-03-12 11:21:59
Subject: Holding Disks
From: "Lonny Selinger" <lonny AT bangtherockstogether DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:39:19 -0600 (CST)
Is there another way to have backups forced to the holding disk? Fomr what I
understand if you just don't mount a tape then the holding disk is where the
images go to. I'm just wondering if there's a way for me to leave a tape in my
drive and still force the backups to holding disk.

Basically I'd like to set a job to check the holding disk to see when it
reaches a threashold, then run amflush to dump it all to tape but most of this
will be scripted. Basically all I want the real tapes for are weekly and
monthly fulls which I'd like to write to tape and keep my incrimentals on
vtapes.

Anyone have any ideas? So far I'm thinking of setting up 3-4 schedules, daily
inc, weekly full, monthly full, yearly full and just altering the parameters
of each. Just hashing out the best method for doing this.

Thanks!!

--
Lonny