Amanda-Users

Re: AMANDA reports no slots, but there ARE slots!

2007-03-08 17:15:33
Subject: Re: AMANDA reports no slots, but there ARE slots!
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:09:13 -0500
On Thursday 08 March 2007, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>FL schrieb:
>> Maybe I can add to it -- when I have a break.
>
>Yeah ;) I know that definition of a date.
>
>> I've just
>> gone through the same exercise on a CentOS 4 system (I intend to
>> upgrade it to RHEL 4); on that system it was necessary to run modprobe
>> sg to see the devices, and the udev syntax (which I believe is the
>> same as Fedora Core). Perhaps the need to run modprobe is a bug.
>
>[...]
>
>> Though it is still necessary to run modprobe sg
>
>Well, I don't see the problem with this.
>
>If sg-support isn't compiled into the kernel, but compiled as a module,
>that module has to be loaded to be able to access the devices it
> supports.
>
>Do I misunderstand something here?
>
>Stefan

The init scripts that run at bootup time should load it for the user, but
I don't know if Centos4 is that advanced yet.  In that event, sticking
a 'modprobe sg' in the rc.local script might be indicated.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Any fool can paint a picture, but it takes a wise person to be able to
sell it.