Amanda-Users

Re: question about new disks

2006-10-20 14:04:33
Subject: Re: question about new disks
From: Steven Settlemyre <settlemy AT asel.udel DOT edu>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>, amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:57:29 -0400
actually, i couldnt find amadmin anywhere on my client. I did just come across the fact that /bin/tar is where GNUTAR is looking. I now see it by using your command (on the amanda server), but i found it by doing "strings /usr/lib/amanda/runtar".

I guess the easiest way for me to fix this problem is to make a symlink from the /usr/local/bin/tar to /bin/tar (of course I'll backup the existing tar first). With a little foresight, the best way to handle this is to configure amanda for gnutar somewhere in the amanda dir and create a symlink on each client machine?

Thanks again.
Steve