Amanda-Users

possible solution - how to manually create 'tapelist'

2006-09-20 02:11:48
Subject: possible solution - how to manually create 'tapelist'
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:00:57 +1000 (EST)

I'm starting to think that the problem with the changer may, just may, be coming about because the tapes I'm using are the ones I've had for a few years (brand new tapes, but all labelled at the time by amlabel though never actually dumped onto).

Could it be that I need a way to either manually create the 'tapelist' file so that amanda will think that it's recycling the tapes, or re-label all of them using amlabel (if it works) in order to give amanda the right info it needs in order to start cycling through the tapes one per night as per what I'm intending to achieve?

I might read the amlabel man page and see what that tells me. For those who use (or have used) and L9 with Amanda, does the unit need to be configured in any particular way from it's front panel to work correctly with the amanda + sgen + chg-zd-mtx combination?

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";