Amanda-Users

checking on authentication methods

2006-09-19 15:51:18
Subject: checking on authentication methods
From: Oscar Ricardo Silva <osilva AT scuff.cc.utexas DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:22:08 -0500
I'm currently using 2.4.5 but would like to upgrade to 2.5.1. I'm on unclear on what I need to do as far as authentication is concerned. I don't control all my clients and can't really ask them (long story) to make changes to their amanda configs. If I used bsd authentication, is it sufficient to recompile with:

--with-bsdtcp-security --with-amandahosts

and change the xinetd statement on the amanda server or does the change need to be made on the server AND the client?