Amanda-Users

Does a mixed environment of 2.5.1 server with pre-2.5.1 clients work?

2006-09-20 11:08:44
Subject: Does a mixed environment of 2.5.1 server with pre-2.5.1 clients work?
From: Bruce Thompson <drllama AT otherother DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 06:44:11 -0700
Hi,

I've got a situation where an update of gtar has broken my backups on the server. I'll revert if I have to, but I'd prefer to get 2.5.1 working on the server.

Meanwhile, 2.5.1 client is not building successfully on my Mac OS X clients. I've got 2.5.0p2 running successfully on the Macs.

Assuming I don't change any of the xinetd or auth setup, should a 2.5.1 server be able to work with 2.5.0p2 clients?

Thanks!
Bruce.