Amanda-Users

Fixed amcheck, one more question (or two)

2006-09-13 15:03:48
Subject: Fixed amcheck, one more question (or two)
From: up AT 3 DOT am
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
Sorry for all the whining...it turned out the "host down" was the same
reverse DNS problem that the other amanda client was returning, but since
the error message was totally different, it baffled.  I hooked the server
back up to the old network and it worked fine.

2 more minor issues:

I'm getting this:

ERROR: label FULL0 match labelstr but it not listed in the tapelist file.
       (expecting a new tape)

I thought that amanda would simply create a new tapelist...I deleted the
old one because it was years old.  Do I need to manually create a new one?
If so, which dates do I use...I simply created an empty file figuring
amanda would take care of the rest.

Lastly (I hope), is there a way to get amanda to not do host lookups and
simply use IP addresses in .amandahosts?  For security, I think IP
addresses would be better.

Thanks again!

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
up AT 3 DOT am                                                      http://3.am