Amanda-Users

Re: Directory too large for single tape.

2006-09-13 10:22:51
Subject: Re: Directory too large for single tape.
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:15:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 at 6:59am, Stephen Carville wrote

Ian Turner wrote:

If you upgrade to Amanda 2.5.x, then you can instruct Amanda to split dumps across tapes; so you can make your partitions as large as you like, and just use as many tapes as are required.

AFAICT, this doesn't really split the tar but tries to create separate tars of subdirectories. Unfortunately RMAN puts it all in one directory (There may be a way to split it -- I'm checking into that too).

You're incorrect -- as of 2.5.x amanda can span a single DLE across multiple tapes.

Is it possible to get amanda to follow symlinks? Every file name ends in a digit is it is trivial to do something like:

As other folks have mentioned (I believe), you can split a single directory up with include and/or exclude directives in the DLEs.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering