Amanda-Users

amcheck problem

2006-08-18 09:10:57
Subject: amcheck problem
From: Natalia García Nebot <natalia AT sisystem DOT com>
To: amanda user <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:03:25 +0200
Hi all!
I've configured on my server host a tape device and i want to backup only my server host so i have configured in it the amanda server and client. When i execute the command "amcheck DiariaPrueba" like amanda user the system tells me: (DiariaPrueba is the name of my configuration)

   [root@aroprod DiariaPrueba]# su amanda
   bash-3.00$ amcheck DiariaPrueba
   Amanda Tape Server Host Check
   -----------------------------
   Holding disk /dumps/amanda: 2212052 KB disk space available, that's
   plenty
   NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
   Tape DiariaPruebaTape01 label ok
   NOTE: info dir /var/amanda/DiariaPrueba/curinfo: does not exist
   NOTE: it will be created on the next run
   Server check took 8.598 seconds

   Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
   WARNING: localhost: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
   Client check: 1 host checked in 29.996 seconds, 1 problem found

   (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p3)

In my disklist file in the directory of the configuration i have this line

   localhost /home/natalia full-always

what's wrong? What can I do to make amanda comunicate with my server host and backup him?