Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck problem

2006-08-18 09:25:02
Subject: Re: amcheck problem
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Natalia García Nebot <natalia AT sisystem DOT com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:13:55 +0100
Hi Natilia

Is this server inside of your firewall.

Also have you edited your .amandahosts. file my tape server is
sisserver.

vi /var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts

localhost amanda
localhost root
sisserver.my.co.uk amanda
sisserver.my.co.uk root
server2.my.co.uk amanda
server2.my.co.uk root
web.my.co.uk amanda # other side of fwall on fwall add ipchain rules to
suit
web.my.co.uk root # other side of fwall on fwall add ipchain rules to
suit
fwall.my.co.uk amanda
fwall.my.co.uk root

Plus have a look at your debug file usually /tmp/amanda

Run command ls -lt|less and run less amcheck.20060818093001.debug
and less amandad.20060818093011.debug

Should give you information on whats happening.

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi