Amanda-Users

Re: amanda client inetd problem - solved

2006-08-11 11:31:25
Subject: Re: amanda client inetd problem - solved
From: "Jeff Portwine" <jdport AT michigandrill DOT com>
To: "amanda List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:22:55 -0400
I guess the problem was simply that it couldn't find the libraries in /usr/local/lib afterall, though I don't really know why. I tried making a symbolic link in /usr/lib to all the libam libraries in /usr/local/lib and it fixed the problem I was having. Maybe just running ldconfig would have fixed it afterall... but I didn't add /usr/local/lib to the ld.so.conf file myself, it was already there so it shouldn't have needed an ldconfig, but I guess you can't assume anything.

At any rate , that particular problem seems to be solved.. thanks for the input.

-Jeff