Amanda-Users

tapelist - how to edit

2006-08-04 08:55:34
Subject: tapelist - how to edit
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 05:49:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

my tapelist has become a bit confused, due to my own fault, by me adding
tapes in the "middle" of my numbered sequence.  At the moment it looks like
this:
20060803 daily-5 reuse
20060802 daily-1 reuse
20060801 daily-3 reuse
20060731 daily-4 reuse
20060731 daily-2 reuse

daily-5 was used last night, and amanda now wants daily-2.

What is the correct way of editing this so amanda will use the daily-1 next,
then daily-2, etc.?

Would this be correct (I'm not sure of the implications of the dates in the
tapelist, and whether I will need to adjust those dates as well)?:
20060803 daily-5 reuse
20060731 daily-4 reuse
20060801 daily-3 reuse
20060731 daily-2 reuse
20060802 daily-1 reuse

Your advice will be much appreciated, as always.