Amanda-Users

Re: Backup device for Amanda

2006-08-04 09:56:32
Subject: Re: Backup device for Amanda
From: Tom Brown <tom AT ng23 DOT net>
To: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:49:35 +0100
> The backup devices I am
evaluating are
1. HP Ultrium 448 Tape Drive
2. HP DLT VS160 Tape Drive
3. HP SDLT 320
4. HP SDLT 600

I would like to know whether these backup devices are fully compatible with Amanda. Does anybody on this list use these backup devices in his/her setup ? Suggestions for any other suitable backup device are also welcome.

amanda does not really care about your backup device, be it a tape drive, removable media or even local disks. As long as your OS can see and write to the drive (and control the robot if you have one) then you should be set.

Personally i have used amanda with dds3,dds4,LTO, LTO2 and LTO3 tape drives and robots from HP and Dell without issue using MTX to control the robot. My amanda servers have allways been linux from RH7.3 upto CentOS4.3

hope that helps some