Amanda-Users

Re: can only run amanda tests as root

2006-08-04 08:27:33
Subject: Re: can only run amanda tests as root
From: "Stephen Carter" <Stephen AT retnet.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:19:46 +0100
>>> Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net> 08/04/06 12:03 PM >>>
>This is why, when potential users run into these sort of problems, that we
>universally recommend that it be built from the tarball, following
>amanda's instructions so that the amanda build and install can be done
>correctly.
>
>Cheers, Gene

In this instance, installing from source made no difference to the outcome of
the perms that are applied to the autochanger devices by udev.

I also thought along the same lines initially so when I installed from source
and came across the same problem (but I didn't realise why at the time) I knew
it was not an amanda issue at all.

SteveC