Amanda-Users

Re: Dramatic reduction in backup time

2006-08-03 12:19:27
Subject: Re: Dramatic reduction in backup time
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:05:03 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, it's the exact same tape drive I've been using extensively for testing,
and all that time it had been sitting in the same position on the floor.  I
moved it on Monday, and then amanda took off like a lightning bolt.

Wow, that's something I'll be classing as very weird, but very good.  I was
impressed by the 9 hours it took to do backups, but now I'm speechless...

I've introduced a new tape for tonight's backup run.  Will see what it tells
me tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your help!