Amanda-Users

Re: Dramatic reduction in backup time

2006-08-03 11:34:15
Subject: Re: Dramatic reduction in backup time
From: "Joe Donner (sent by Nabble.com)" <lists AT nabble DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
Well,  I may have "lied" a bit when saying that nothing had changed...

What did change was that I moved the server from temporarily sitting on the
floor to where it will now stay full-time.  So it was a shutdown, unplug the
external tape drive and other devices, and then plug them all back in.
Also, one of the little screws which connects the SCSI cable to the back of
the server has long ago broken off and gone missing.  So it's only attached
by one screw.

Well, do you agree with me that it is still backing up the same amount of
data and all the DLEs?  It certainly looks that way from the mail reports.
I'm a bit worried because it's looking "too good to be true".

I also don't see how it can dump 130-odd gigabytes of data within a bit more
than 3 hours??

Thanks for your help on this.