Amanda-Users

Re: Burning backup to dvd

2006-07-27 13:04:43
Subject: Re: Burning backup to dvd
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:56:42 +0100
On Thursday 27 July 2006 12:26, Anne Wilson wrote:

> One thing I haven't tried, and will do today.  I will copy the .iso file
> onto this box and try k3b's 'burn a dvd iso image'.  I have used it several
> times, so I know that there isn't a problem with the software on this box.
> I'll report back.

I didn't have any succes with this either.  I tried both Konqueror (as root)
and a root terminal.

In konqueror -
Could not read /Backup/amandatapes/Dailys/slot9/00000.Dailys-9

In the root terminal -
cp /Backup/amandatapes/Dailys/slot9 smb://david/anne/Public/
cp: omitting directory `/Backup/amandatapes/Dailys/slot9'

This is across a samba share to a public directory.  I did notice that on box
'david' the public directory is 777, but when viewed from borg it shows 755,
though I would have thought that even that would have been OK, since I have
the same UID on both boxes.

Anne