Amanda-Users

Burning backup to dvd

2006-07-26 07:08:41
Subject: Burning backup to dvd
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:00:16 +0100
I use amanda to create backups that are split to fit on a dvd, but so far I
have not been able to create the dvd using k3b.  It may be a permissions
problem, or it may be a k3b problem.  I have tried to make the backup by
running k3b as amanda, and also by running k3b as root.

Running as amanda -

[amanda@borg ~]$ k3b
kbuildsycoca running...
[amanda@borg ~]$ QObject::connect: No such signal
K3bGrowisofsImager::buffer(int)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
Launched ok, pid = 24246
OggS-SEEK: at 0 want 78328 got 68160 (diff-requested 78328)
OggS-SEEK: at 78400 want 520 got 0 (diff-requested -77880)
invalid length 24902
Failed to process 45 bytes from server
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
invalid length 24902
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 24243, errno = 0

and as root -

[root@borg ~]# k3b
[root@borg ~]# QObject::connect: No such signal
K3bGrowisofsImager::buffer(int)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')

Does any of this suggest what is wrong?

In case it's relevant, I tried copying, as root, the relevant tape directory
to my desktop, thinking I could experiment with permissions there, but all I
got was an empty directory, with the message that files could not be read.

Anne