Amanda-Users

Re: Fwd: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR July 24, 2006

2006-07-26 06:27:42
Subject: Re: Fwd: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR July 24, 2006
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 06:17:45 -0400
On Tuesday 25 July 2006 10:44, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Monday 24 July 2006 16:00, Kevin Till wrote:
>>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Oh oh folks:
>>>
>>> I put 2.5.1b1-20060723 in on the server (this machine) yesterday,
>>> got a near total failure last night.
>>
>>Hi Gene,
>>
>>o when you run amcheck, did it pass?
>>
>>o did the amandad on the client respond at all? Check if there
>> /tmp/amanda/amandad*.debug file created?
>>
>>o If so, any error in that file?
>>
>>o are you using bsd (the default) as the auth?
>>
>>o Try to add "server_args             = -auth=bsd amdump" to the
>> xinetd/amanda defintion. More detail info on docs/howto-auth.txt

I ran 2.5.0-20060424 on both boxes for the next nights run, and it
seemed to run normally but trying to play catchup, which was expected.
So last night, having some blood to spare, I ran 2.5.1b1-20060725 on
both machines.  That also seemed to be ok, but still playing catchup,
using 100.1% of the 'tape' and the report indicating 18 level 0's had
been delayed.  A 'balance' report says it will overflow 13% again
tomorrow night, so its much closer than after the fiasco 2 nights ago
when it was saying +78% for the next run.

So this new canary (amanda-2.5.1b1-20060725) seems to be quite healthy
so far.

message by Gene Heskett are: