Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover help needed

2006-07-20 17:47:54
Subject: Re: Amrecover help needed
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:39:29 -0500
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 at 9:59pm, Anne Wilson wrote
>
>> On Thursday 20 July 2006 21:44, Frank Smith wrote:
>>> Keep in mind that if you restore a directory it will clear the dest
>>> dir before the restore, so newer files will disappear.  It's safest
>>> to always restore to a scratch dir and move the files afterwards.
>>>
>> That's what I want to do.  How do I tell it where to put the recovered file?
>
> It goes into $CWD from which you launched amrecover.

If you forget to change to your desired destination directory before
starting amrecover, you can use the lcd command to change to another
destination directory within amrecover before you give the extract
command.  Sometimes useful if you have spent some time picking and
choosing files before remembering you're not where you want them
restored to and don't want to start over.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673