Amanda-Users

Re: Amrecover help needed

2006-07-20 16:24:57
Subject: Re: Amrecover help needed
From: Anne Wilson <cannewilson AT tiscali.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:55 +0100
On Thursday 20 July 2006 20:07, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> 'man amrecover' and specifically look at the 'setdisk' command.  Depending
> on what your DLE looks like, you probably need to 'setdisk /home'.

Right - /home is the root directory of one DLE, and the required file is
in /home/anne/Documents/Spreadsheets.  According to the examples in
man:amrecover I should now be able to ls the file, but

200 Disk set to /home.
amrecover> ls -l bankrec.xls
2006-07-20 nigel/
2006-07-20 micky/
2006-07-20 lost+found/
2006-07-20 gillian/
2006-07-20 david/
2006-07-20 anne/
2006-07-20 andy/
2006-07-20 amanda/
2006-07-17 amanda.exclude~
2006-07-17 amanda.exclude
2006-07-20 .Trash-0/
2006-07-20 .
Invalid command - syntax error
amrecover> setdisk /home/anne/Documents
501 Disk borg:/home/anne/Documents is not in your disklist.
amrecover> setdisk /home
200 Disk set to /home.
amrecover>

What is the next step?