Amanda-Users

Re: Cygwin amanda client behind firewall

2006-07-12 16:43:38
Subject: Re: Cygwin amanda client behind firewall
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: "McGraw, Robert P." <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:36:31 +0200
McGraw, Robert P. schreef:
My question is, is the 0.0.0.0 ip address something that I should have to
enter into a firewall configuration to get traffic to pass through?

The IP 0.0.0.0 seems to be blocked my firewall that I am using?

The 0.0.0.0 means the program is acting as a "server". I remember vaguely from some old ZoneAlarm program that you have to add that priviledge to a program.

Anyway, is there any clue in the /tmp/amanda directory on the client?
There should be a file named selfcheck.datetime.debug.  Contents?

On both firewalls I have my amanda server IP address set in the firewall to
allow any type traffice through. Should this be enough?

Remember that you also have to configure the intermediate firewall Amcheck uses only UDP 10080, but a real run uses more TCP ports, which amcheck currently does not test.

See:  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Configuration_with_iptables
and:  http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/TCP/UDP_ports