Amanda-Users

Re: Backing up subversion repositories (From a windows subversion server)

2006-07-05 21:16:42
Subject: Re: Backing up subversion repositories (From a windows subversion server)
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:12:04 +0200
Graeme Humphries schreef:
Guy wrote:
Once from the subversion server to the samba server

And again from the samba server to the tape server.

I wanted to avoid that.
One thing you can do to reduce this is to use rsync to copy the data
from the subversion server to the samba server. Chances are that lots of
that subversion data *isn't* changing every day, and so that can speed
up the copies quite a bit.

A really good solution if you like to investigate the rsync method
is backuppc:
   http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Backuppc can also do smbclient, tar etc are possible, but the
rsyncd method that you can choose is really nice.