Amanda-Users

Backing up subversion repositories (From a windows subversion server)

2006-07-05 16:00:25
Subject: Backing up subversion repositories (From a windows subversion server)
From: Guy <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: "amanda users list" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 15:51:05 -0400
We are currently using amanda 2.4.5p1 to backup a mix of Unix + Linux hosts. Now, we need to backup HUGE (100 Gb) subversion repositories that reside on a Windows XP box.

From what I have read, the SMB client seems flaky.

I only have ONE big directory to backup from windows. My amanda tape server is a Linux Box.

Did anyone try to use the Windows Services For Unix from micro$oft ?

We plan to NFS export the directory and mount it on the amanda tape server and back it up from there.

Are we heading for a disater ?

What are our other alternatives ?

I suggested to move the subversion server from Windows to Linux, but the subversion admin is not compfortable enough with Linux to do the move.

Thanks