Amanda-Users

Re: A question on compression

2006-06-28 12:57:51
Subject: Re: A question on compression
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:51:58 -0600

--On June 27, 2006 3:42:10 PM -0400 Matt Emmott <memmott AT jerkychew DOT com> wrote:

Hi,

I’m running Amanda 2.4.2 p2 on a Red Hat 8 server. The backups were set
up before my time, and I’m trying to wrap my head around how the
compression is set up & why it isn’t working for some backups. We’re
backing up 2 clients – One is a Red Hat server running Amanda, and the
other is a Windows server that I connect to over a Samba mount at
/home/windows_server_name. It’s the Samba mount that isn’t
compressing.

You've answered your own question below. Three of them are configured to use a different dump-type, one that probably doesn't do compression. It all has to do with the dump types.