Amanda-Users

Re: determining backup set

2006-06-22 03:06:23
Subject: Re: determining backup set
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:00:12 -0400
On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 11:51:22AM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

> >>Actually, I probably do have access to these things, but I'm not yet
> >>sure how to interpret them. Any pointers will be appreciated. (Note
> >>that all recent log files represent backup failures, but the old logs
> >>are still available in the archive area.)
> >>

> >As long as the log files are available, the amandatape script that I
> >posted a while ago to this list will give you the info that you are
> >looking for.  You can find it here:
> >
> Maybe I've missed something, but I can't see why a special script would
> be necessary in this case. Why not use the commands already provided as
> part of the amanda distribution? I mean, like
>
> amadmin <config name> find

Ahh, amadmin, the Swiss Army Knife of amanda :)
"find" is another of its commands I've not tried.

Just a defect note, using the 2.5.0p2 FC4 rpm from zmanda.com.

The two following two commands gave the same results,
ignoring the sort option:

        amadmin tstvt find
        amadmin tstvt find -sort ldhkv <list of my hosts>

And the following command said I had no dumps to list :((

        amadmin tstvt find -sort ldhkv

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)