Amanda-Users

Re: tar's default block size & shoe-shinning

2006-06-19 09:07:53
Subject: Re: tar's default block size & shoe-shinning
From: Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:59:16 +0200

indeed...

Thank you for your answers Joshua, I will try a "dd" with bs=2048k. Then probably I will compile amanda...

Bouh I don't like to do that in a production environment....

Cyrille

Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>

19/06/2006 14:43

Cyrille Bollu <Cyrille.Bollu AT fedasil DOT be>
cc
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Objet
Re: tar's default block size & shoe-shinning

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 at 2:40pm, Cyrille Bollu wrote

> Does anybody knows about the --with-maxtapeblocksize used by RedHat ES
> 3.3?

I doubt it's used, but it's easy enough to find out -- download the SRPM
and look in the spec file.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering