Amanda-Users

(subject change) Possible to run scripts just before an amandad?

2006-06-01 09:24:27
Subject: (subject change) Possible to run scripts just before an amandad?
From: Francis Galiegue <fg AT one2team DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:18:44 +0200
(sorry for the misformulation of my first mail, I really meant that amandad,
not amdump, was to run scripts before/after backup)

Le Jeudi 01 Juin 2006 14:46, Jon LaBadie a écrit :

> > IMHO, I think this is a quite common problem.
> > Moreover, a "tar wrapper" is not practical when there are several DLEs
> > for the same host.
>
> Sure it is.  Though the wrapper is quite customized then.
> The wrapper can examine the arguments passed to tar to
> determine which DLE is the target and whether it is for
> estimate or dump purposes.

In fact I'm not asking for such a fine grained setup. I'd be perfectly happy
with only a way to have amandad run scripts before and after backing up only,
whatever the number of DLEs. At least, that's my need: a wrapper over
amandad, not gtar.

For instance, you could have two directories /etc/amandad/before (note the
"d") and /etc/amandad/after with scripts named 00stoporacle, 01stopmysql,
whatever.

--
Francis Galiegue, fg AT one2team DOT com
One2team - 12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 PARIS - 0143381980