Amanda-Users

Re: Rif: Re: Possible to run scripts just before an amdump?

2006-06-01 08:54:44
Subject: Re: Rif: Re: Possible to run scripts just before an amdump?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 08:46:22 -0400
On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 02:34:25PM +0200, Nicola Mauri wrote:
> > So, my question would be: is there a way to tell amdump to execute one
> or
> > several scripts just before the backup begins (and of course, wait that
> these
> > scripts complete)?
>
> IMHO, I think this is a quite common problem.
> Moreover, a "tar wrapper" is not practical when there are several DLEs for
> the same host.

Sure it is.  Though the wrapper is quite customized then.
The wrapper can examine the arguments passed to tar to
determine which DLE is the target and whether it is for
estimate or dump purposes.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)