Amanda-Users

Re: missing result ... in ... response ???

2006-05-30 09:27:36
Subject: Re: missing result ... in ... response ???
From: Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:17:30 -0500
* Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> [2006:05:29:14:13:00+0200]
scribed:
<snip />

> Jean-Louis created a patch for 2.5.0, which break at 64K (just as
> 2.4.x), which fixes your problem.

Yes.  As I stated earlier, it is better for me to use debian packages;
rather than attempting to maintain personal compilations ...

> It fixes it until you hit the 64Kbyte limit, at which time, 2.5.1 or
> 2.5.2 will have removed that limit, we hope.

OK.  Just to clarify, do I understand you correctly, that amanda
developers are working on solution to this problem, and some
expectation has been set (by them?) that these subsequent dot releases
should correct this problem?

If so, I shall be patient -- and wait ;>

Thank you, for your contributions to this problem ...

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource