Amanda-Users

Any experience with Quantum Superloader 3 LTO-3 16 tape library?

2006-05-25 12:36:41
Subject: Any experience with Quantum Superloader 3 LTO-3 16 tape library?
From: "Tanniel Simonian" <simonian AT library.ucr DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:23:52 -0700 (PDT)
We are looking into purchasing a new tape library. Our current choice is
an Overland 11 tape LTO-3 library. However, the Quantum Superloader 3
option recently fell on our laps and we're trying to decide if it is
reliable and if it will work with Amanda/Debian.

Anyone have any experience with the Quantum Superloader 3 or similar
Quantum product and if you could describe your experience with the unit.

Our current tape hardware is an Exabyte 1x7 Mammoth 2 (60/150) drives.

regards,

Tano