Amanda-Users

RE: RAIT1 without tape in drive

2006-05-27 08:02:29
Subject: RE: RAIT1 without tape in drive
From: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 13:53:22 +0200
Paul Bijnens wrote:
> uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu schreef:
> > Dear Listers,
> >
> > I am running a RAIT1 configuration with vtapes and a LTO1
> without problems.
> > Today is a public holiday and it's the first day that
> nobody is there to
> > insert the correct tape.
> >
> > What will happen with the (cron) dump tonight, will it run
> to the holding
> > disk only?
>
> I believe it will.  Because on of the members of the mirror is wrong
> (wrong label, or empty), the check of the label will not succeed.
> You'll get a "numerical argument out of domain" error.

It happened as you expected. This is the amanda message:

*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [label daily4 or new tape not found in rack].
Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: daily4.

> > Will the flush tomorrow to the correct tape also be flushed
> to the vtape?
>
> Yes.

Correct, the flush went to both drives.

> > Maybe someone can have a look in his/her crystal ball?
>
> Just to calibrate my crystal ball, let us know the result too.

No need for re-calibration :-)

Thanks and best regards
Uwe

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit