Amanda-Users

Re: RAIT1 without tape in drive

2006-05-25 17:16:51
Subject: Re: RAIT1 without tape in drive
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:09:02 +0200
uwe.kaufmann AT infoconsult DOT nu schreef:
Dear Listers,

I am running a RAIT1 configuration with vtapes and a LTO1 without problems.
Today is a public holiday and it's the first day that nobody is there to
insert the correct tape.

What will happen with the (cron) dump tonight, will it run to the holding
disk only?

I believe it will.  Because on of the members of the mirror is wrong
(wrong label, or empty), the check of the label will not succeed.
You'll get a "numerical argument out of domain" error.

Will the flush tomorrow to the correct tape also be flushed to the vtape?

Yes.

Maybe someone can have a look in his/her crystal ball?

Just to calibrate my crystal ball, let us know the result too.