Amanda-Users

Re: Estimates taking a long time..

2006-05-26 15:41:44
Subject: Re: Estimates taking a long time..
From: Matt Ingram <mingram AT cbnco DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 15:35:38 -0400
what is the actual purpose of the estimates? is the estimate very crucial in amanda's operation ? I've tried the estimate calcsize but that still seems to be taking forever. Should I be safe trying estimate server, or could that screw things up ?

If I do a flush or dump, and nothing gets written to tape, can I simply change the tapelist so the tape I just tried to dump to can be reused, or will that screw things up?

I've been using amanda for a while to flushes and restores, but this is my first stab at the configuration..

thanks for your help so far.

Matt.