Amanda-Users

Estimates taking a long time..

2006-05-26 12:08:42
Subject: Estimates taking a long time..
From: Matt Ingram <mingram AT cbnco DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:02:53 -0400
One of our amanda clients takes an incredibly long time to do estimates (17000seconds on a level 0, which is about 210GB), and causes the server to return a estimate timeout error. Seems to be mainly when it tries to do a level 0 backup. the server that takes this amount of time is accessed through a firewall.

Is that a typical amount of time, or is something taking WAY too long? Should I just increase the etimeout in amanda.conf to facilitate the 17000 seconds ?

running amanda-2.4.4-41
tar-1.13.25-97
on SuSE

--