Amanda-Users

Cannot restore XFS partitions with Amanda 2.4.5

2006-05-22 21:59:03
Subject: Cannot restore XFS partitions with Amanda 2.4.5
From: "James Lamanna" <jlamanna AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:51:36 -0700
Hi.
I have a couple of XFS + TAR partitions that I'm backing up onto tape.
There are no errors thrown when backing up, however whenever I try to
amrestore one of the XFS partition dump files I get the following:

# amrestore /dev/nst0
amrestore:   1: restoring fs0.fs0-users.20060522.0
amrestore: read error: Input/output error
gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file

now if I skip that partition (with mt -f /dev/nst0 fsf 1), I can
amrestore the TAR paritions fine (until I get to the other XFS
partition).

This is with Amanda 2.4.5.
dumptype is
compress client best