Amanda-Users

amrecover: Could not read features from control socket

2006-05-19 11:28:26
Subject: amrecover: Could not read features from control socket
From: Jeff Allison <jeff.allison AT allygray.2y DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 01:18:46 +1000
Hi all I've killed my disk list...

So I've created a new disklist with the entry for my backupservers root partition

fired up amrecover and added /etc/amanda/homes/disklist to the extraction list and I get the subject error when I try to extract

[root@dalston ~]# amrecover homes -s dalston
AMRECOVER Version 2.5.0. Contacting server on dalston ...
220 dalston AMANDA index server (2.5.0) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2006-05-20)
200 Working date set to 2006-05-20.
Scanning /mnt/amanda...
 jeff: skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
 laptop: skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.
 lost+found: 200 Config set to homes.
501 No index records for host: dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org. Have you enabled indexing?
Trying host dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org ...
501 No index records for host: dalston.blackshaw.dyn.dhs.org. Have you enabled indexing?
amrecover> sethost dalston
200 Dump host set to dalston.
amrecover> setdate 2006-05-14
200 Working date set to 2006-05-14.
amrecover> setdisk /
200 Disk set to /.
amrecover> add /etc/amanda/homes/disklist
File /etc/amanda/homes/disklist doesn't exist in directory
amrecover> cd /etc
/etc
amrecover> cd amanda
/etc/amanda
amrecover> cd homes
/etc/amanda/homes
amrecover> ls
2006-05-14 tapelist~
2006-05-14 tapelist.yesterday
2006-05-14 tapelist.today.0
2006-05-14 tapelist.amlabel
2006-05-14 tapelist
2006-05-14 exclude.gtar
2006-05-14 disklist
2006-05-14 amanda.conf
2006-05-14 .
amrecover> add disklist
Added /etc/amanda/homes/disklist
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive chg-manual on host localhost.
The following tapes are needed: homes_14

Restoring files into directory /root
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive chg-manual on host localhost.
Load tape homes_14 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
amrecover: Could not read features from control socket
any clues

Jeff