Amanda-Users

Re: Would like to get list's impression on (amanda 4TB backup)

2006-05-16 11:21:57
Subject: Re: Would like to get list's impression on (amanda 4TB backup)
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:17:34 -0400
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 09:53:13AM -0500, Gordon J. Mills III wrote:
>  here are some of my comments about TSM

Thanks Gordon.  Tivoli sounds like an interesting enterprise system.

"incremental forever" is a feature I've heard of in some other
backup systems.  I wouldn't expect that to fit the mold of amanda
as recovery would then truly demand amanda software and indexes
to be present.

One feature you describe I would like to see added to amanda.
It really is not a change to the operation, but a new utility.
That is copying all or portions of a set of backups to new
"tapes" or a new config.  With many people doing amanda backups
to vtapes, it would be nice to be able to archive desired
parts to "offsite" ptapes.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)