Amanda-Users

Re: Need advice on backup scheme....

2006-05-14 21:55:27
Subject: Re: Need advice on backup scheme....
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: vchan AT csifinancial DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 13:48:07 +0700 (ICT)
> However, I've been whacking my brain on how to properly backup our web
> server and FTP server, as there's been recent additions to our web
> servers that now make daily backups more prudent.  They both have
> external, public IP addresses.  The obvious case is to use port
> forwarding.  Has anyone here in the user group use this method to backup

Hi,

Not sure to understand what you mean. My guess is that your Amanda
server is on a NAT'ed lan?

I have public IP on my server (inside the firewall) and my clients
(outside the firewall) and I see the need for:

Incoming connections (from client outside to server inside):

UDP from client port = 10080 to to server
TCP from client to server port 10083
TCP from client to server port 10082

Outgoing connections (from server inside to client outside):

UDP from server to client port 10080
TCP from server to client

Best regards,

Olivier