Amanda-Users

Re: how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions

2006-05-06 20:10:38
Subject: Re: how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions
From: Ross Vandegrift <ross AT kallisti DOT us>
To: Hans-Christian Armingeon <mog.johnny AT gmx DOT net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 19:06:21 -0400
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 11:42:57PM +0200, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
> > Look into aspects other than netusage for performance problems.
> What could be a good place to look at? I have no link problems.

Check the output of amstatus when the run is completed.  AT the
bottom, it includes a breakdown of what Amanda was waiting on when it
was waiting.  If you're seeing slow transfers of individual dumps, the
problem is more than likely related to:

1) Too many dumps at once are fighting for bandwidth
2) The client in question is too loaded/slow
3) The server is too slow

In general, I've seen dumping take longer than transferring.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross AT kallisti DOT us

man in the bonds of Hell."