Amanda-Users

how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions

2006-05-06 17:00:28
Subject: how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions
From: Hans-Christian Armingeon <mog.johnny AT gmx DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 22:53:03 +0200
Hi,
how to tell amanda, that it can use as much bandwith as possible?

I have "netusage  125000" in my amanda.conf. This should saturate a 1GB link,
but amanda is still quite slow.

I've got some other questions:

how to stop a running amdump?

retriving a one year old file? I know, there was a theead some time ago, but I
can't find it anymore.

Good books/HowTos/example configurations for amanda? I read a lot about amanda,
but some documents were rather old/confusing.

I hope that no one is offended by my questions, because the might be rtfm.

Many thanks in advance,

Johnny