Amanda-Users

Re: how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions

2006-05-06 17:25:37
Subject: Re: how to tell amanda, that it can use the full bandwith? - some general questions
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 17:22:14 -0400
On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 10:53:03PM +0200, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
> Hi,
> how to tell amanda, that it can use as much bandwith as possible?
>
> I have "netusage  125000" in my amanda.conf. This should saturate a 1GB link,
> but amanda is still quite slow.

To my knowledge, there is no "throttle" in amanda.
The netusage parameter only affects whether or not to
start a client dump.  Once started, the dump uses all
the bandwidth it can, no restraints in the amanda code.

Look into aspects other than netusage for performance problems.

> I've got some other questions:
>
> how to stop a running amdump?

I use kill and amcleanup.

> retriving a one year old file? I know, there was a theead some time ago, but
> I can't find it anymore.

How does that differ from a one day, week, or month old file?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)