Amanda-Users

Taper problems with 2.5.0

2006-04-28 16:25:07
Subject: Taper problems with 2.5.0
From: Josef Wolf <jw AT raven.inka DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:14:46 +0200
Hello!

Anyone knows what following error means?

 *** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

 The next 3 tapes Amanda expects to use are: PPC02, PPC03, PPC04.

 FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
   host.do.main  /etc      RESULTS MISSING
   host.do.main  /m        RESULTS MISSING
 [ ... ]
   taper: FATAL cannot allocate shared memory
   driver: FATAL reading result from taper: Connection reset by peer
 [ ... ]
 NOTES:
   taper: attach_buffers: (20 tapebufs: 659696 bytes) No space left on device
   taper: attach_buffers: (19 tapebufs: 626916 bytes) No space left on device
 [ ... ]

All file systems (especially holding disk) have plenty free space and
inodes.

Both, holding disk and tape were empty.  I'd expect an empty tape when
taper fails.  But empty holding disk is not exactly what I'd expect in
such a situation.