Amanda-Users

Re: FW: Re: Mutliple configs sharing the same indexes

2006-04-27 23:01:06
Subject: Re: FW: Re: Mutliple configs sharing the same indexes
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:57:57 -0400
On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 08:53:50PM -0400, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> stan wrote:
> >This thread seesm to have died out.
> >
> >But I still don't quite see how to solve my restore issues.
> >
> >Can someone point out the error of my ways here?
> >

> You must share the complete database between both config,
> that include the disklist, tapelist file and logdir.
>
> The output of 'amadmin <config> find' should be the same.

OK, that got me pointed in the right direction on that.
The tapelist* files were not links.

I fixed that, and now when running amrecover with the config
set to disk_only, I gte the correct indexes, but after that:

Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host amanda.meadwestvaco.com.
Load tape DailyDump15 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 1

Why is it still wnating to use the tape drive (this is the compiled
in default BTW).

To review the amanda.conf file for disk only looks like this:

tpchanger "chg-multi"
changerfile "/opt/amanda/etc/disk_only/chg-multi.conf"
tapetype HARD-DISK

Souldn't the tpchanger define overide this?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong
Terror